Westgate Hall temporarily closed for public events
by Westgate Hall | 5th January 2021
In light of the current national lockdown, Westgate Hall is temporarily closed for public events.
We are a social venue, with community at our heart, so like many of you, we are sad not to be able to have you enjoy our space.
However, we are a fully Covid-secure venue, endorsed by our ‘We’re Good to Go’ accreditation and with all relevant measures in place.
We’re Covid-secure we’re trusted, we’re flexible.
Throughout this Covid-19 pandemic, we are keeping our community strong and healthy as much as we are able, supporting vital blood donations for the NHS and offering to host vaccinations, as well as working closely with local businesses on future planning.
Our doors may be physically closed, but we are still open
We can help you to plan your socially distanced future events, training, meetings, community get-togethers, celebrations of life, indoor filming and can act as an additional venue for schools and educational groups, when lockdown lifts and guidelines allow.
Our spacious venue is over 360 square metres and is fully adapted to meet Covid -secure guidelines. We’re right in the heart of Canterbury city centre and have an adjacent car park, making access easy.
We know that it’s unpredictable at the moment – we can work with you as things change, to make your event enjoyable yet safe.
Let us help you have something to look forward to this year – get in touch today
Together, we will work through this challenge.
Do please keep in touch.
Covid-secure measures in place
- Sanitising stations throughout the venue
- Social distancing measures in place throughout the venue and at all times – two-metre distancing is in place for routes, walkways and one metre plus distancing in-between seats
- Reconfigured layouts, one-way entrance and exit systems with clear, visual-led signage
- Enhanced deep cleans
- Covid-compliant risk assessments
- Full staff training undertaken
- Obligatory face masks for staff, event hosts and visitors throughout a visit or event – disposable masks available at all times
- Track and trace in place according to the latest government guidelines
- Gloves and hand sanitisers are available at every stall at markets and fairs
- A very warm, friendly welcome and event management from our staff
Are you an events organiser?
If you already run an event with us and have not been in contact yet, please do get in touch. We are looking forward to working with you to find alternatives for you and your events.
Thank you for your understanding and support. We wish you all safety and wellness at this time.
The Westgate Hall team and Board of Trustees