Westgate Hall reopens as a Covid-secure venue on 19 September 2020!
by Westgate Hall | 7th September 2020
Westgate Hall is thrilled to be reopening its doors as a Covid-secure venue to visitors from Saturday 19 September, when we bring back our popular Market.
We closely monitor and apply the latest government and public health guidance, continuing our priority of putting your wellbeing at the core of what we do. Enhanced measures are in place such as sanitising stations, social distancing measures, reconfigured layouts, entrance and exit systems, enhanced deep cleans, risk assessments, full staff training… we’ve covered it all, as endorsed by the VisitBritain ‘We’re Good to Go’ Covid-safe mark we’ve received, the new industry standard.
Westgate Hall programme of events autumn 2020
The first phase of events to take place are:
- Sat 19 Sept – Westgate Hall Market, 11am to 4pm
Our successful monthly market restarts with our talented Kent Makers, Artists and Producers showcasing their beautiful unique products, including Alison Lush Jewellery, Home Plants, La Casina, Concrete Creations, Canterbury Curry Club, Stony Beach Designs, Enzo’s Bakery, Duet Glass and Samovar Traditional Russian Cuisine
- Sat 3 Oct – Canterbury Record Fair
Enhancing your vinyl and CD collection is easy at this popular fair, brought to you by UK Vinyl Vault, where you can safely browse and buy the best in music from every genre and era.
- Sat 10 Oct – Canterbury Postcard and Collectors Fair
Buy and sell postcards, stamps, militaria, coins, cigarette cards, ephemera, antiques, toys, books and much more.
- Sun 25 Oct Worth the Weight Vintage market
Refresh your post-lockdown wardrobe with wonderful vintage ware, packing as much as you can (safely) into a bag.
- Mon 26 to Sat 31 Oct – Canterbury Festival
Find that much-needed entertainment with comedy from Hal Cruttenden, live music performed by Gentlemen of a Few and creative family fun including Squashbox Theatre, Shakespearience and Professor Palmeroff’s Magic Show. Booking opens at 11am Monday 14 September.
- Sun 15 Nov – Lou Lou’s Vintage Fair
Find some of the UK’s best vintage traders, offering affordable vintage and retro clothing, homeware, jewellery and collectables from the 1920s to the 1980s.
Your safety is our priority. In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, your experience will be a little different than it was before, but the feel of our amazingly spacious Hall and welcoming knowledgeable staff remain the same.
We tailor every event to suit the experience you have, which means your Covid-safe experience may be slightly different, but overall you can expect:
- Face masks must be worn by visitors and event organisers on entering the Hall and throughout a visit or event – disposable masks will be available (staff will also be wearing them, with a welcoming smile underneath!)
- Hand sanitisers are placed throughout the venue
- Gloves and hand sanitisers are available at every stall at markets and fairs
- Clear visual signs are in place for socially distanced one-way entering and exiting routes
- Two metres distancing is in place for routes, walkways and one metre plus distancing in-between seats
- Track and trace will be in place according to the latest government guidelines.
- A very warm, friendly welcome from our staff and event holders
Please see our what’s on calendar for full details for each event.
We understand that the new rules taking effect from 14 September do not ban socially distanced events or performances indoors with more than 6 people in attendance. The new guidance enforces a limit of 6 people in each social group of bubble at any given event. At Westgate Hall, we can still welcome more than 6 people into the venue and as part of an audience, but visitors need to stick to their 6 person social group or bubble whilst here and keep socially distanced from other groups, which we will be enforcing at all times.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you back!
If you’re keen to know how you can start planning your future events with us, safe in the knowledge that we’ve thought of everything so you don’t have to, please get in touch with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01227 634886.
Please note that we’re keeping a close eye on Covid-19 developments and will announce any changes to our programme of events as soon as they occur.