We’re delighted to confirm that the Produced in Kent market at Westgate Hall will be starting again from Saturday 22 April and we are now taking bookings for stalls.
We would really like you to be part of this exciting project, and have already had very positive discussions with stallholders from last year about how to build on its success to date.
As a result, we are extending trading hours and the markets will now run from 11am to 3pm. Stalls remain at 2016 prices, just £15 for a pitch.
As of this year, we are also extending the range of products on offer and will accept more stalls selling non-food related products, as long as they are produced locally. For this reason, we have renamed the market Westgate Hall Market.
We are committed to increasing footfall to the market. To achieve this we will:
- Place articles in the local press
- Run an advertising campaign on the local radio
- Distribute 1,000 flyers and posters to homes and businesses in Canterbury
- Place a monthly advertisement in Index magazine (20,000 copies distributed locally)
- Increase Market signage in the High Street leading up to each Saturday market
- Post on Westgate Hall’s social media platforms including twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Promote it on new website (currently under construction)
- Run regular promotions with My Canterbury
- Post on Free Community Listing sites.
- Arrange pop up events focussing on local skills and produce
However, the success of the market also relies on all stallholders using their own contacts and networks to promote their presence at the market. By working together, the market will continue to grow.
You will find a full list of all 2017 Market dates below, together with a link to full documentation for confirming your booking.
We would welcome your ideas and contributions. Do join us for a pre-market meeting at Westgate Hall on Wednesday 29 March from 8 – 10pm to enjoy a glass of wine and meet members of Westgate Community Trust and fellow stallholders. Alternatively drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We really appreciated everyone’s support of the market in its first year. As a non profit making charity, the market is one of the key projects which Westgate Community Trust wants to develop for the people of Canterbury. This is very much in the spirit of the Hall’s community tradition. Built by public subscription 100 years ago, the public saved it from demolition in 2014.
Dates of 2017 Markets:
All on Saturdays: 11AM to 3PM
EXCEPTION: SUNDAY 3rd December: Christmas Market